M7800 Thermal and Visual Imager by Mikron Infrared®
- 320 x 240 Resolution UFPA Detector
- Resolution of 0.06°C (at 30°C 60 Hz)
- Temperature Range -40°C to 500°C
- Focus Range of 12" to Infinity
- Weighs 2.9 lbs with Battery
- Digital Visual Recording
- Laser Pointer
- Optional Additional Lenses, Including the
- Revolutionary DualVision Image
Composite Functionality Now Available
- Transfers Images Using USB 2.0
- 3.5" Articulated LCD
Mikron’s M7800 is an extremely lightweight, high-performance handheld IR camera offering a range of capabilities for an economical price. Completely self-contained in a highly-durable housing, it is both dust-proof and weather resistant, suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
The M7800 is ergonomically designed for comfortable one-handed point-and-shoot operation and features 320x240 resolution at a 60Hz refresh rate.
The M7800 measures the passive infrared radiation emitted by the target surface. It then converts the radiation into a two-dimensional image relating to the temperature distribution at the target surface. The resulting temperature distribution can then be viewed in one of several color ranges (including grayscale) on the flip-up 3.5 inch TFT LCD display.
The M7800 also offers a visual camera, and laser pointer to more easily visually pin-point problem areas for further analysis.
The on-board diagnostic software provides an intuitive menu system, controlled by a simple button system on the back of the camera.
The camera allows you to select up to four areas on the image to select as “regions of interest.” These selected areas allow the user to zero in on specific areas of concern. The M7800 can also simultaneously record high-definition 14-bit thermal images with corresponding digital visual images.
The camera is battery operated, uses advanced uncooled UFPA microbolometer technology, and stores images and data to internal flash memory. Saved images and image data can be transferred to an external device using USB 2.0.
In addition to its on-board image processing capabilities, the M7800 is fully compatible with Mikron’s M7800™ Thermal Imaging Software package, which provides fully-comprehensive, post image analysis and report generation features.
SpyGlass™ Lens and ViewPort Inspection System:
Hotspots in electrical cabinets can be quickly pinpointed while circuits are energized and under load, using Mikron’s SpyGlass™ Lens and economical ViewPorts.
Raising the safety and convenience standard for thermal inspections, the SpyGlass™ Lens and ViewPort encourage frequent examinations of electrical switchgear because– with cabinet doors closed – no downtime is required to de-energize circuits for safety reasons. In addition, keeping cabinet doors closed reduces the risk of arc flash.
Characteristics of the solution:
- Permits thermal inspection of electrical switch gear
without opening the enclosure and disconnecting circuits.
- Views entire scene through a 0.5" (13mm) diameter
hole in the cabinet.
- Offers 53°H x 40°V (66° Diagonal) Field of View.
- Provides minimum focus range of 3".
- Large depth of field reduces the need to re-focus for
different cabinet depths.
- Provides Temperature Measurement accuracy: ±3°C
- The lens weighs only 1.14 lbs. and measures
6.4" (long) x 2.75" (Diameter)
- Attaches to the Mikron 7500, 7600 and 78XX cameras,
making the camera a multi-purpose imager.
- SpyGlass™ Lens and ViewPorts are patented under US Patent No. 6,798,587 B2
For Downloadable Datasheet (PDF)